|The 2020 versions of 11 more modern awards are now in effect.|
|The Fair Work Commission previously published variations to 11 modern awards from Tranche 2 of the four yearly review of modern awards, with a commencement date of 13 April 2020. The remaining 27 modern award updates in Tranche 2 are set to commence on 4 May 2020.|
All present (and some future) modern awards can be viewed on the Fair Work Commission’s website.
For convenience, the 11 modern awards which commenced on 13 April 2020 are the following.
• Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services Award 2020
• Airport Employees Award 2020
• Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2020
• Higher Education Industry—Academic Staff—Award 2020
• Hydrocarbons Field Geologists Award 2020
• Mannequins and Models Award 2020
• Maritime Offshore Oil and Gas Award 2020
• Passenger Vehicle Transportation Award 2020
• Professional Diving Industry (Industrial) Award 2020
• Professional Diving Industry (Recreational) Award 2020
• Stevedoring Industry Award 2020
The specific details, as well as the determinations of the remaining Tranche 2 awards, can be found on the Commission’s website. If your employees are covered by any of the above modern awards, we recommend you review the modern award and adjust any internal processes for compliance. This includes changing templates for letters of offer to ensure consistency with the 2020 award, including the new name for the award.
If your employees are covered by an enterprise agreement, in most cases there will be no immediate change because the award usually will not apply while an enterprise agreement is in operation. However, if you are currently negotiating a new agreement, you should be familiar with the new award in case changes affect your bargaining or the better off overall test.
Require further information/assistance? If you require further information or advice, please contact one of our consultants.